January 20, 2014

Weekend Review


So this weekend was simple, laid back and filled with so many laughs. I am pretty sure I could relive this past weekend over the next year and be a happy camper.

Friday was low-key and exactly what I needed after a crazy work week. I grabbed dinner at Burger & Company with Lynae and Jen. It was good but I hadn't eaten all day so anything in that moment would have tasted delicious.
 
{via}
 
Afterward we met with a few more friends at Unknown, a local brewery, to grab a beer or two and just relax....no one was in a go out and get crazy mood...which is rare to find us all wanting to NOT go out.....are we getting old?
 
The boys decided that it was time for them to bring back their Poker Night so we girls decided to try our hand at painting. Now this might sound fairly simple but add in wine and some friends and let me tell you the laughs were endless.
 


 We tried out Pinot's Palette - South End and we had so much fun we are already planning to do it again soon. They give you aprons, write name in front of your station and provide you with an awesome instructor who is part funny part AWESOME (I wanted to trade my picture for his).

{via}

{via}


{via}
I will say my painting lacking in comparison to some of the other ladies had zero to do with the two four glasses of wine I had while painting.  Who am I am kidding it had everything to do with but boy did we all laugh, drink, eat and laugh some more. Katie even got a little serious at the end and went all Van Gogh on us....see what I did there? Van Gogh...we painted a Van Gogh....get it? I know I am hilarious! Ha

So I figured after an evening of wine what better way to start of a Sunday than hiking? You thought I was going to say Brunch didn't you? Don't worry it crossed my mind but hiking was a better/healthier option.

 
 




We headed to Crowder Mountain, climbed to the top, took it all in and then left happy with our Sunday afternoon decision. We followed it by grilling out inside, with one of my favorite kitchen items and hanging out with friends.

It was a successful weekend for me and I hope it was for you all too.
 



COMMENTS: »

Leave a Reply