January 12, 2015

No Spend January


Well guys, I did what I always tell myself I won’t do each Christmas; I spent way more money than I planned. I bought everyone exactly what I wanted to buy them BUT I didn’t stop there, I decided I needed some things as well. I can talk myself into almost anything, especially it comes in a pretty package….I am such a sucker. ;)
So what does this mean for January? Well it means that unless it is an actual necessity I can’t buy anything. This includes using gift cards to make a purchase. I need to learn to say no, so what better way to start off the year than by budgeting. The bigger picture reason for this is that I have a few friends getting married this year and with showers, gifts and traveling I need to save all the money I can.
My other big focus for saving money is my 28th birthday. I know, I know my birthday isn’t until November but guys I am a planner and I LOVE my birthday so…..I already picked out the place…NAPA VALLEY. I sometimes change my mind so don’t hold me to it but I will definitely be traveling somewhere.
So what that means I can spend money on is groceries, gas and any toiletries I run out of (which is highly unlikely).
Anyone else cutting back for the month of January? Any tips for keeping strong when you want to try a new product or see a good sale?
Picture 1 | 2


COMMENTS: »

Leave a Reply