January 9, 2015

Focus...


If you read my last post, then you know that living a healthier lifestyle is a top priority for me this year and the years to come. So for a Christmas present to myself I purchased Focus T25 from Beachbody. Before I go in to why I chose this program, let me tell you a little bit about how I got to this place. 


I have struggled with weight pretty much my whole life. After college, I moved in with someone who I met the day before and quickly learned she was quite health conscious. Good news for me is that her healthy habits started to rub off on me and so I started training for a half marathon. I was making smart meal choices, running and really sticking to my goals. In April about three months before my half marathon I got an awful pain in my right knee. Fun Fact: I tore my ACL once in middle school and then again in high school. After a week of my knee not getting better I went to the doctor and he told me what I was dreading...that I would need knee surgery in order to remove more of my meniscus that was trapped between the bones in my knee. After surgery he told me that running was no longer an option and my heart broke. 

Fast forward a few years and I haven't really committed to a healthy lifestyle since then. So what better time to start than the new year. Thanks to some guidance and group challenge put together by one of my favorite bloggers Marion I chose Focus T25 to help get me to a happy and healthy place. 

For me it was a no brainer, no equipment is required at least in the Alpha phase and since I travel every other week, I could always just pack these DVDs with me. Oh and of course the best party it is only TWENTY FIVE minutes. I mean seriously who says no to less than 30 minutes for a workout. 

You get the Alpha and Beta phase DVDs, a bonus stretch DVD, a nutrition guide, 5 Day Fast Track and a Quick Start Guide. You also get a resistance band which you don't use in the Alpha phase. 


So far I am loving the workouts and am amazed and how much can be packed into 25 minutes. As I continue with this workout I keep you updated on my thoughts and results. So here is to a new year and a healthier version of me. 



3 Comments »

3 Responses to “Focus...”

  1. i am trying to shift my focus onto health a lot this year... i have never struggled with my weight, if anything probably been too thin at times, but i am trying to build muscle and become a stronger perosn.. good luck on your journey! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/overcoming-anxiety.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Christmas present to yourself, so healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sienna!! I look forward to seeing how the next few months go.

      Delete