May 7, 2014

Dominican Trip Part 3

 
 
On our way back to Fuente de Vida to hike the mountain, we passed a truck being carried by another truck. Strangest thing I saw while there for sure.
 
Once we arrived at Fuente de Vida we were met by Pastor Mario, two guides, one of the guides son and a dog. Abby and Josh didn't think we needed a guide at first but once we started hiking and they started to use a machete to clear our path it became obvious we need a little assistance.

 
Half way up the mountain there is a cave that we decided to stop at and check out. When I say check out, I mean I gave JP my camera and let him take some pictures. Once you view below you will see why I was happy I stayed outside.

 
Yes those are coach roaches just hanging out.....YUCK!

 
Samuel the most precious little guy ever!



 
 
The views were stunning and the peacefulness of it all was breathtaking.




 
That moment when you do something kind of stupid like make a face and the camera snaps just in time.





 
 
Josh found an old mortar while hiking down the mountain.
 


 
 
After we stopped and left the mortar back on the trail (most of us were a little scared it would go off and I wasn't quite ready to blown up just yet. But don't worry right after leaving the spot where the mortar was dropped off, I slipped and fell creating this awesome scrape. Best news......I didn't even cry (if you don't me, that is a seriously big deal for me)!!



 
Overall this trip was one for the books. I enjoyed getting to see the future site of Fuente de Vida, to see how others live and work and to meet such friendly and welcoming people.
 
Come back tomorrow for some super exciting news!


COMMENTS: »

Leave a Reply