July 16, 2014

Down South


So radio silence over here for almost a month. I kind of stopped posting, well if I am honest, because I didn't think I or this blog were good enough. I was constantly comparing myself to others out there. Thankfully some good friends of mine convinced me that you have to start somewhere and so that somewhere is here and now. I've read that a blog needs to have a clear purpose, if you want fashion post fashion, food post recipes, travel well travel, but the problem is I am not sure what I want to write about. I really want a way to look back at my life and have a diary of it almost. That includes fashion, DIYs, decorating, food and life in general. So I can't promise xyz, Monday through Friday but I can promise you will always get me.

So to start off, let me update you on where I am currently typing from. As of July 6th I am resident of Mobile FREAKING Alabama. Did I ever imagine myself saying that....hell no, but here I am and I am happy I did it. My job offered me a new position in a more sales like role, it is kind of a trial run for us all. For me to discover if I like sales and for them to determine if they need someone permanently in Mobile. So what do you do when offered a position in Mobile, AL? You say yes, drop head first into it all and try your hardest. That is seriously all you can do.

I drove straight from Savannah, GA where I spent the 4th of July with some friends. Which by the way, if you have never been please put it on your must see list. The city is beautiful and historic and full of real southern charm. I have been a few times and each time I love it more. This time might have been my favorite and one filled with countless memories. Window singing to people at midnight, so much soccer watching, fireworks, Wet Willies, good food and friends.

 
At the end I had to say goodbye to all of them which proved to be hard, and some tears were shed but I am lucky enough that regardless of distance they are still pretty great.
 
 
Christina, Travis, Katie and Bruno went on a tour and stumbled upon a man in Forsyth Park with some birds, so naturally they asked to have the birds sit on them as they snapped some pictures.

 
The birthday girl in her birthday shirt! This picture is definitely frameworthy....best friends forever!

 
Thomas, please forgive me for this but it was too good not to post. This guys is one of my favorites and definitely a hard one to say goodbye to. He is constantly making me laugh and let's be honest....that is the best thing to have in a best friend, well that and someone who is willing to drive you all over the place! :)
 
So there is my life update! All thoughts, opinions and recommendations are appreciated.
 


COMMENTS: »

Leave a Reply